Cruiser bikes are considered an American classic bike type. This type of bike first became popular during the 1930’s when it was first introduced to the public as a bike best used for relaxing and leisurely rides. The best cruiser bikes are those that provide amazing balance and those that are very easy to ride and control.
For those reasons, cruiser bikes have become a must have for many American homes, especially those with children who ride bikes to school. Although the popularity of cruiser bikes faded during the 60’s they are slowing gaining back their popularity today.
Another name for the cruiser bike is the beach cruiser because it was often used by people taking slow and smooth rides near beaches. Its classic and vintage look has helped it regain its popularity.
Many people today love the bike’s vintage aesthetics, which makes it a must have for younger generations.
Definitive Features of a Cruiser Bike
The design of the cruiser bike has helped it stand out from other bike types and attracts the attention of people from all walks of life. If you’re still confused about the features of the beach cruiser, here’s a short summary of what features define this type of bike:
- Extra wide wheels
- Handlebar positioned upright to allow upright riding at all times
- Classic, simple, and sleek frame design
- Wide, padded, large, and comfortable seat
- Coaster brakes installed so the rider has to backpedal to stop
- Best used on smooth and leveled surfaces
These are just the basic features of most cruiser bikes, but some incorporate other features to enhance the bike riding experience. However, with just the combination of the features, riding a cruiser bike allows for a slow and comfortable ride.
Important Parts of a Cruiser Bike Worth Considering
Aside from its most basic features a beach cruiser also comes with different parts. As with all types of bikes on the market, finding the parts that best suit your needs will guarantee a better riding experience.
Although cruiser bikes are mostly used for relaxed and slow riding, having one with all the correct parts will still have a big impact. To help you find the best cruiser bikes for you and for your loved ones, here are some aspects of a bike that you should take into consideration.
Bike Frame and Wheel Size
If you ask any biker you know, they will tell you that the frame size is one of the most important aspects of the bike and you should consider it when choosing one. Although this is true for most bikes, the same is not said for cruiser bikes. In fact, it is quite the opposite.
Beach cruisers are fitted with one standard frame size; the difference is in the design. Cruiser bike frames come in designs for men, women, and unisex.
A frame designed for men can be uncomfortable for women because of the presence of the straight-across top tubes. If you’re looking into cruiser bikes, make sure to get a frame design that fits you properly.
Wheel size, on the other hand, is more important as it will determine the height of the people who can ride the bike. Standard cruiser wheels are available in 16”, 20”, 24”, and 26”.
The wider the circumference of the wheel, the taller the rider needs to be. As a standard, the 26” cruiser bike is best for adult riders who can reach the ground comfortably when they are standing.
Seat Padding and Material
One part of the cruiser bike that makes it comfortable is the seat that comes with it. A cruiser bike should have a seat that is wide and padded to maximize the comfort of the rider, even when riding for long periods of time.
Seats on a beach cruiser are designed for comfort and support and not for streamline and speed.
If you don’t have the chance to test a bike seat out yourself, the best indication of a comfortable seat is the padding and the material. Always go for cruiser bikes with a padded leather seat if possible. This will ensure that you will have a comfortable ride no matter what.
Material of Frame
Since we have determined that the frame size is not an issue for cruiser bikes, another important aspect of the frame is the material it is made of. The two most common materials are steel and aluminum.
To give you a quick rundown of the two materials, remember: steel is heavier than aluminum, but is relatively cheaper.
|Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle||$||4.6/5|
|Huffy Nel Lusso Women’s Cruiser Bike||$||4.1/5|
|SixThreeZero Women’s Beach Cruiser Bicycle||$$$||4.3/5|
|Mongoose Dolomite Men’s Fat Tire Bike||$$||4.2/5|
|Firmstrong Bruiser Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle||$$||4.1/5|
|Kent Rockvale Men’s Cruiser Bike , 26-Inch||$||4.0/5|
|26″ Schwinn Fairhaven Women’s 7-Speed Cruiser Bike||$$||4.0/5|
|Kent Oakwood Men’s Cruiser Bike, 26-Inch||$||4.2/5|
|Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel Bike||$$$||4.0/5|
|Fito Men’s Marina Aluminum Alloy 3-Speed Beach Cruiser Bike||$$||4.5/5|
Now that you know the basics of a cruiser bike and its different parts, here are some great choices to consider:
Top 5 Cruiser Bikes
Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle
Ladies who are looking for a stylish and affordable way to travel to work or simply just want to have a bike that is great for cruising down the beach or doing some errands will love the idea of having a cruiser bike. These bikes are fashionable and have made bike riding a great choice for transportation for both kids and professionals.
The Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle is a great example of a cruiser bike that can be used for both the office commute and for fun bike riding. In this short review, we will look into the different features, pros, and cons of having a bike like the Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
- 26” cruiser bike for women
- Single speed
- Best for easy and relaxed biking
- Classic, curved beach cruiser frame
- Aluminum wheels
- White-walled cushioned balloon tires
- Coaster brakes
- Oversized seat with dual springs for added comfort
- Rubber grips fitted on wide handlebars
- Perfect for women 5 to 6 feet tall
- Consistent cruising speeds of 3 to 15MPH
- 80% pre-assembled
- Versatile, works in smooth and lightly rough surfaces
- Durable steel frame
- Does not create any rattling noise
- Smooth and comfortable riding experience
- Adjustable handlebars
- Wide and very comfortable padded seat
- Affordable and high-quality
- Easy to assemble with some experience and tools
- Assembly can be tricky for the inexperienced
- Help may be required during assembly
- May be too tall for some riders
- 17-inch frame can be a hassle for short riders
When it comes to affordable and stylish cruiser bikes, the Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle is a strong contender. Despite some issues with assembly and the height of the bike, many users have found this cruiser bike to be very comfortable and useful.
This will make a great option for someone who wants to bike to work and to have access to easy and eco-friendly transport at all times.
Huffy Nel Lusso Women’s Cruiser Bike
Getting stuck in traffic is a normal struggle for a modern working woman. There’s nothing more stressful than wasting your precious time in a bumper to bumper jam on the way to work.
What’s worse is that you’ll get a bad reputation at work for always being late and needing to rush out to avoid the rush hour traffic. The best solution is one you’ll remember from your childhood: riding a bike.
Riding a bike to work and doing errands is a popular option for the modern day woman and with a cruiser bike like the 26-Inch Huffy Nel Lusso Women’s Cruiser Bike, it’s not a surprise.
If you’re looking for an alternative to riding a car to work, here’s your chance to learn more about this particular beach cruiser’s features and advantages, as well as some of the disadvantages it comes with.
- 26” x 2.35” crème colored tires
- Withstands all weather conditions
- Fitted with alloy rims
- Classic fenders help you stay dry during the rain
- Handlebar has a dual-density grip for improved handling
- Padded seat saddle with added embroidery for a touch of style
- Front basket attached
- Rear rack can be used as an extra secure storage space
- Bottle holder attached on handlebar
- Single-speed cruiser
- Vintage boardwalk design
- Installed with coaster brakes
- Comes ¾ pre-assembled
- Classic boardwalk design is aesthetically pleasing
- Women love the color scheme
- Stylish and functional cruiser bike
- Comfortable for riding long distances
- Well-padded seat
- Very durable
- Great for both young and older women
- Very affordable
- Very relaxing ride on smooth and even surfaces
- Correct tools needed for assembly
- May be hard to assemble for the inexperienced
- Color is more aqua than “Gloss Blue”
- Heavy to ride and push
- Not great for uphill rides
When it comes to the perfect combination of style, affordability, and functionality in a cruiser bike, there’s nowhere else to look except for the 26-Inch Huffy Nel Lusso Women’s Cruiser Bike. It has made many young girls and women very happy with their choice of bikes and it might just change your life too.
SixThreeZero Women’s Beach Cruiser Bicycle
It’s a struggle to stay fit and active when you’ve already committed so much of your time to the office. What’s even more of a drag is the long commute to work and the traffic jams you have to deal with during rush hour.
With these circumstances, it’s only normal to give up on your fitness routine and forgo the time at the gym.
What if there’s a way to avoid traffic and to get some exercise at the same time? The simple answer to these troubling problems is simple: riding a bike to work.
It may seem like an unfavorable option, but once you look into the SixThreeZero Women’s 26-Inch Beach Cruiser Bicycle and learn all the advantages it offers, you might just change your mind.
- 17” classic 3-speed Shimano internal cruiser for women
- Steel frame for durability
- Comes with attached fenders
- 26” wheels
- Nexus shifter allows easy use
- Glossy white body with blue wheels
- White-walled tires match white spokes
- Brown colored, padded leather saddle
- Grips embellished with blue flower pattern
- Pedals fitted with rubber blocks for comfort
- Classic and stylish, best for city and beach rides
- Frame design allows upright riding at all times
- 85% assembled
- Vintage and classic look
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Stylish, durable, functional, and comfortable
- Great for beach and city rides
- Padded seat provides optimum cushion
- Ride with ease and comfort
- Great for fun rides, rides to work, and doing errands
- Maintains balance easily
- Great investment that will last years
- More expensive than other cruiser bikes
- May be hard to assemble for the inexperienced
- Bike may be mishandled through shipping
- Some parts may come damaged or be missing
If you prioritize style and functionality and budget is not a big concern, the SixThreeZero Women’s 26-Inch Beach Cruiser Bicycle is a great bike choice for you. It’s vintage look and durability make it a hit with young professionals who want to have an environmentally friendly option for transportation.
Mongoose Dolomite Men’s Fat Tire Bike
When it comes to bikes, sometimes a hybrid is the best answer. A cruiser bike is a great option, but it can sometimes be limiting when it comes to the terrains it can conquer.
For this reason, there are some innovative manufacturers who combined the comfortable aspects of a beach cruiser with the versatility of a fat bike to create the Mongoose Dolomite 26-Inch Men’s Fat Tire Bike.
If you’re in the market for a fat bike that gives you optimum comfort like the cruiser bike, continue reading this review to learn more.
- Supersized, all-terrain knobby tires
- 4” alloy wheels with disc brakes
- 7-speed gear
- Shimano rear derailleur
- 3-piece crankset
- Great for gliding over various surfaces
- Supersized beach cruiser frame
- Thick wheels provide added cushioning
- Great for trail and everyday riding
- Beach cruiser pedal
- Combines benefits of fat bikes and cruiser bikes
- Great for all types of terrain
- Fun and practical
- Accommodates more weight
- Budget-friendly fat bike
- Easy to assemble
- Durable and affordable
- Not a good fit for younger boys
- Difficult to control fat tires
- May need some getting used to
- Heavier than most cruiser bikes
The Mongoose Dolomite 26-Inch Men’s Fat Tire Bike is your best option for an affordable and reliable fat bike. If you’ve been dreaming of owning a fat bike, this is a great option to consider.
Firmstrong Bruiser Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle
Looking cool and professional is a struggle for many men who bike to work. The common misconception about bikes it that they’re just for kids, but that is not true at all.
Bikes like the Firmstrong Bruiser Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle 26-Inch are becoming a popular transportation option for many working professionals because they are cheaper and eco-friendly.
If you want to do your part in helping the environment while also never getting stuck in traffic, again this review of the Firmstrong Bruiser Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle 26-Inch will be of interest to you. Here you will learn the different pros, cons, and features of this cruiser bike to help you make a better and wiser decision before purchasing.
- Single-speed cruiser for men
- Thick and sturdy 26” frame
- Easy to reach handlebars for better upright cruising
- Balances and controls easily
- Padded wide seat for enhanced comfort
- Frame and tires are all black
- Pedals come with coaster brakes
- No complicated cables
- Great for recreational rides
- Steady speed of 3 to 15MPH
- Fits most men 5’4”to 6’4”
- Comes 80% pre-assembled
- Easy and comfortable cruising rides
- Provides a relaxing riding experience
- Great for recreational rides and for riding to and from work
- Single-speed makes it easy for novice riders to use
- Optimum handlebar placement
- Sensitive brakes for safer and precise stopping
- Loved by teenagers and young professionals
- Riders fall in love with the bike and find themselves riding it every day
- Affordable choice
- Great for riding on flat surfaces
- Easy to assemble
- Susceptible to wear and tear
- Does not hold a lot of weight
- Not suggested for heavy-set men to use daily
- Degrades quickly when weight and pressure are consistently applied
- Very heavy cruiser bike
- Not great for uphill rides
For young professionals looking to save on fuel and car payments and to lessen their carbon footprint the Firmstrong Bruiser Man Beach Cruiser Bicycle 26-Inch makes a good bike choice. It is affordable and durable enough that if taken care of properly, it can last years and help you save a great deal in the future.
If you’re big on savings, investing in a cruiser bike like this one is definitely a smart choice.
With traffic congestion a constant battle, fuel prices consistently going up, and car payments getting more expensive, it’s only natural to look for alternatives in transportation. It’s time to get rid of the notion that bikes are just for kids who are meeting their playmates or for teenagers to enjoy.
Adults, especially the young professionals, should start looking into cruiser bikes that are available on the market.
Making the switch from cars or public transportation to a bike means great savings in the future and also helps out the environment. It’s a win-win for your future self and for the health of the environment.